Wednesday 13 February 2013

Dye hard!


Yeah ! I know the title is a bit cheesy . well.... what can I say , you got to love Bruce Willis :D 

I paid a visit to a local dying unit here in Chennai  to develop some of my tie dye samples. When I showed them Iqbal ji's tie dye samples from Rajasthan , they were amazed at the patterns that he had created , I wanted them to replicate the patterns using the same technique onto different fabrics like single jersey knits, cotton twill and  Georgette. The men working at the dying unit were unaware of the technique, but were quick on grasping it once I explained it to them .

DYEING UNIT 

TYING THE FABRIC BEFORE DYEING 

THE FABRIC IS BOILED IN THE DYE SOLUTION

RINSING THE DYED FABRIC FOR THE EXCESS COLOUR TO BLEED OUT 

A DIFFERENT TIE DYE TECHNIQUE I LEARNT IN RAJASTHAN 

USING A HAIR DRIER TO CHECK THE COLOUR OF THE DYED FABRIC UNDER THE TUBE-LIGHT 

TIED FABRIC - READY TO DYE 

BOILING THE FABRIC IN  ANOTHER  DYE COLOUR
UN-TYING THE FABRIC TO REVEAL THE PATTERN OF THE TIE- DYED FABRIC 
SAMPLE OF THE TIE -DYE TECHNIQUE  I LEARNT IN RAJASTHAN 

SAMPLE : TIE - DYE PATTERN (MARBLE TECHNIQUE )
SAMPLE : 3 COLOUR VARIATION SAMPLE

The best part about tie dye is when you cut open the tied knots and reveal the fabric.  It's kinda like unwrapping your birthday presents ! There always is an element of surprise to it.

- skinnydramaqueen

PHOTO CREDITS : Pavithra Bailey  <3

1 comment: