Tuesday 12 February 2013

A long overdue!

WOW! Blogging isn't as  simple as I thought it would be. I constantly forget to update my blog. And the few times that I do remember ,I land up contemplating on whether to update my blog or catch up on an episode of grey's anatomy :D . I seem to be over powered by laziness.... NOT good !!

After getting back from Vizag , I couldn't wait to get started with my work .I Felt so energized and inspired that I managed to put my entire process together in a week's time and finally start with my design developments.  Here's a look of some of the things that  I worked on this week

SPRING - SUMMER 2014 TREND FORECAST  (SOURCE : www.wgsn.com) 


NECKLINES AND OTHER KEY DETAIL PREDICTIONS FOR SPRING -SUMMER 2014
COLOURS TO BE IN TREND IN SPRING -SUMMER 2014

COLOUR EVOLUTION - A process used to derive the colours for my collection , where I have picked out  colours that stood out from my visual references . I then match these colours to the colour forecast for S/S 14 and then chose the common colours that are in trend 
MATERIAL EXPLORATION :TIE DYE - Used the dyeing methods I learnt in bikaner  , onto different fabrics like  jersey knits , Georgette and a cotton twill  


FABRIC SOURCING : Sourced different fabrics that I want to use in my collection. Georgette, single jersey knit,. Ikats , cotton twill , leather , and coated jersey fabrics .  Out of these options I will have to narrow down the options. 


EMBROIDERY - out of all the embroidery samples, I shortlisted the motifs and embroidery designs that were  most prominent and I plan on using the embroidery on shoulder patches or on yokes and cuffs 
PRINT DEVELOPMENT - I looked into their applique work and embroidery visuals and picked out common motifs that they used . most of  it is very geometric and that's what i liked about it . so I tried repeating these motifs to form my own patterns and come up with some print developments 



PRINTS : Some print variations . I'm not happy with my print developments so I might not carry this forward 

PRINT SAMPLE : Converted my Doodle into a T-shirt print inspired from Rajasthan trucks 

FAMILIAR FACES - VIMALA JI : I printed vimala ji"s face on different fabric materials and then highlighted only certain  prominent features with embroidery . like her bindhi , eyebrows, eyes and earrings . I plan on using only the silhouette of her face and not a direct image of her face 

REPEAT UNITS OF UNCLE JI PRINT

MICRO SKETCHES:  Gives an idea of what kind of silhouettes and detailing I want to use in my collection . These sketches are a collaboration of  ' my interpretation of Rajasthan' and 'what is in trend' 



Next phase - Design Development !! Have to get started with my design sketches and be in a position to develop my range in time for our process review jury on 14th ! Time to put my process pages together .

- skinnydramaqueen

P.S: special thanks to my junior , sanah sharma for scanning my process pages :) 

1 comment: