Thursday 14 February 2013

THE JURY !

Feb 14th ! Our first process review jury for the final collection . Stayed up all night putting my process book together and trying to make some rough design sketches before the jury. A jury is where we present our work to a panel of design and technical mentors  who review our process and critique us on it . It was time to face the moment I was dreading the most . From the get go I knew for a fact that I was dealing with too many different elements in my collection , for example ; the embroidery , tie dye , applique , truck motifs , a lot of bright colours  and a wide range of fabric.. I knew that there would come a point where I would have to drop out a few of my explorations and take a decision on what to carry forward .

After my process review, it was evident that it was time for me to take that call. and stand by my decision . I had prolonged it long enough . The panel liked most of my explorations and some they didn't like so much. They felt that I had too many different fabrics and a lot happening, and will have to cut down on some of my fabric choices.  I noted down their feedback and I will work on it this coming week. 

We then went on to have a masquerade ball in college for Valentine's day . since it's our last year together , my class is a little emotional about our last few days together before we all part our separate ways. so any function or event that takes place in college , we make it a point to be a part of it and show some enthusiasm . so we all went home and made our masks and and decided to join the mini function where no other batch showed  up :D  But we still had our share of fun thanks to two of our mentors .
GOOD TIMES ! - with ; Nazcher , Ranjini , Me , Vimal and Tanushree  (left to right )

 To top that , we as a class went out for a nice quite dinner at bbq nation . something that we hadn't done together in a very long time  

OUR CLASS VALENTINE'S DAY CELEBRATIONS AT BBQ NATION 

-skinnydramaqueen <3 

1 comment:

  1. its a such a cute blog... with pinks!!!
    but how do i follow it?

    ReplyDelete