Saturday 2 March 2013

Lets Cut and Sew !


Now that my range is approved I can get started on my mocks. Before we make our final garments, we make test fits and mock garments that look exactly like the final garments, including the finishes and use fabrics similar to the fabrics of our final garments.

On the 11th of march we have our toile ( mock grament) jury, where we are required to show two complete ensembles out of which one gets selected to be actualized time for our brochure photoshoot. But in my case I intend on finishing all 5 mocks before the 11th as I have to leave for Bikaner to get my fabrics dyed and embroidered from the craftsmen themselves. I can chose to get it done here in Chennai , but it ruins the whole concept behind my inspiration. It is quite a task to be able to get done with all of that by the 11th , but I am going to use it to my advantage as I work best under pressure. so lets see how it all plays out.

I started with making my patterns on the 28th and  got done with most of my patterns today and started with tracing them out on fabric  . As of now I seem to be right on schedule but since Monday is a bandh due to some protests, the college labs will closed and I might lose out on a day's work.

NAP TIME ! - My classmate taking a power nap. sometimes we cannot help but fall asleep after pulling off continuous all nighters. 
PATTERN MAKING - me  drafting my patterns whilst listening to music  :)


CUTTING PATTERNS ON MOCK FABRIC
TEST FITS - I will have to make the necessary changes in the patterns, for the garments to fit right

- skinnydramaqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment