Wednesday 6 March 2013

Tick-Tock

The clock is ticking, with only 3 more days to go and a lot more pieces to be made in time for the toile jury. The requirement is to show 2 out of the 5 ensembles by the 11th but in my case I need to show all 5 ensembles if I want to be able get my fabrics dyed and embroidered from the craftsmen in Bikaner . Another reason why I think it is necessary to get done with my mocks is because it will give me a better idea as to what the collection will look like and give me more time to re-look at my collection. It is very crucial to spend time editing each of the pieces and figuring out how to find the right balance

While we are  in the flow of  being creative and sketching out designs we tend neglect the practicality and functionality of a garment. This is why the transition phase of the 2-D sketches into 3-D  garments is key in the development of a collection . Our sketches don't always indicate how one would wear the garment, what kind of fastenings to use , dart placements, style lines or the finishing of the garment. I don't mean to generalize , but this is what I have observed in the last 4 years of design school. For this reason , I need to get my mocks right so I dont waste time re-cutting and ripping my final fabric. So my game plan now, is to get as much done as I can in as little time as possible without compromising on the quality of work . That only means one thing, 'STITCH TILL YOU DROP!'

TOILE CORRECTIONS :marking the changes in the fit of the trouser
photo credit: Vimal Raj 

PATTERN MAKING IN MY PJ'S : cutting patterns at home on the floor to save time
photo credit: vaishnavi kumar 

MOCKS THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON : The colours are not the final colours in my collection. I am just using similar fabrics to check the fall and fit of the garments

OOPSSIIEEE ! CHECK OUT THE MESS I CREATED IN THE PATTERN LAB THIS MORNING ! 

Wildchild24356, Ms.Pri and Lady Lala . Confused?? Then stay logged on and  find out more on my next post where I introduce the members of Skinnydramaqueen family ! <3

-skinnydramaqueen 

No comments:

Post a Comment