Saturday 16 March 2013

Back To Bikaner

The site of decorated autos playing loud Rajasthani music, noisy markets with flamboyant colours and  the smell of freshly made Alu Bhujia could only mean one thing , I'm in Bikaner baby! wohooooo! I never thought that I would be sitting in Bikaner working on my final collection. It felt unreal and hard to believe. All of this was happening so fast that I had to stop for a second and breathe, just to take it all in . Coming back to Bikaner was a small thought that had crossed my mind the last time I was in this lovely city and a year later, here I am , one step closer to making one of my many dreams come true.

5 am at the Sarai Rohilla station in Delhi , waiting for my train to Bikaner .
Lays ! what would I ever do without you ? 

outside Bikaner station, loading the luggage onto an auto

Rangsutra - the NGO I interned with last year ,who introduced me to the craftsmen
Buying some of my fabrics from the market 

Streets of Bikaner

Street performers entertaining the crowd in the market


Ice cream wala ! 

What I saw everyday while walking to work
Make way for the Mr.Oont!

My lovely painted steel trunks <3  by far the best buy ! 
\                                     

Freshly made Bhujia 
                                         
What's not to love about the city. It's so diverting, just like every other Indian city is . Being here is the perfect change in environment that I need right now for me to focus on my collection. 





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Have a great time in Bikaner & all the best for ur final collection :)

    ReplyDelete