Sunday 6 October 2013

Nomadic nirvana



The journey began when I first visited Rajasthan, where I documented crafts practiced in villages in and around the city of Bikaner. I was inspired by the crafts and the vibrant colours of the city. The use of colourful embroidery and leather trims along with unique tie –dye techniques, on playful silhouettes is what defines my casual wear collection. I went back to the heart of my inspiration, the city of Bikaner to get my fabrics developed by the craftsmen. Each piece is signed by them to honor craftsmen, in recognition of their work and to give the clothing the emotional personal connect. The places I visited and the people I met had a huge impact on me and changed my outlook towards life. My collection – Nomadic nirvana is my interpretation of this blissful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment