Wednesday 23 January 2013

Euphoria

It's been a while since my last blog entry . I haven't been able to work on my process much because I spent the last one and a half weeks in bed being sick. Skinny people tend to fall sick more often because they have a poor immune system and don't eat any food  or so I've heard . Well , I think it has nothing to do with being skinny , I eat food , might not always be the right food at the right time but skinny people do eat. I guess it's all a part and parcel of  living away from home and having to take care of yourself . The upside of falling sick was that I got to come home for a week ! I got to sleep on my own bed , got pampered with home food and had my family take care of everything else for me. It's nice not having to think about what  to cook or where to order your next meal from  . Sometimes you wonder if that one packet of Maggi is still left because you're drained out of energy to cook edible food, just so you can shove that tablet down your throat. Thank god for family !

Being on bed rest might have it's perks , but not when your a design student working on your final collection .  Yes, I was physically resting, but mentally I might have lost my mind. I spent most of my nights staying up just pondering about every little detail about the collection. . What's my collection going to look like ? What colours will I use ? What mood best suits my inspiration ? Will they like my collection ? What if I am lagging behind ? How much have my classmates done ? What am I going to wear on the day of the show ? Is it going to match the rest of my collection ?  It's a never ending story! First, you think... and then you re-think .. and then you over think every single detail in your life . I think it's a virgo thing. The obsessive need to have everything planned and organised before you even start. Because in reality I have only 2 pages in my process book and no work done . Everything is already planned and finalized in my head  it just has to be penned down . so that's my new focus - to spend the next few days turning all the ideas into 2D and 3D samples .

This is what I do at 3 AM

More ideas and doodles 


One of the things that I did work on , was my mood board. I decided to go with "euphoria" as my mood for the collection  because the whole experience was nothing less than euphoric . It didn't make sense for me to copy paste images from google that express this emotion. So I decided to use real pictures of the people that we worked with and spent our time with in Rajasthan . These pictures were all captured in the moment .The people in my mood board are the reason why I am so hell bent upon this inspiration . 
The colours in my mood board are based on my visual references and also coincide with the  S/S -14  colour forecast. it's a mix of vibrant colours like  fuschia , blood red , parrot green with mustard and brown or beige neutrals. This is only a rough draft and still needs to be worked on  

My mood board 
  Euphoria.- 'a feeling or a state of intense excitement and happiness'. This is how I felt throughout my journey   in Rajasthan 


No comments:

Post a Comment